BRIT NERF Forum Index
Join! (free) SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Grim Up Nerf 11, 12-5, Sat 12th Nov, Farsley, Leeds
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    BRIT NERF Forum Index » Nerf Wars View previous topic
View next topic
Grim Up Nerf 11, 12-5, Sat 12th Nov, Farsley, Leeds
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

blindgeekuk
Game Organiser

Fav. Blaster: Demolisher

Post Grim Up Nerf 11, 12-5, Sat 12th Nov, Farsley, Leeds  Reply with quote
After Octobers busier, but better, and almost record attendance, and with us taking December off due to Christmas and family commitments, Novembers event is a bumper one!

Grim Up Nerf 11, Saturday November 12th, 12 until 5, Farsley, Leeds

The first, all-age/kid friendly, session will run from around 12:30 until roughly 2:30pm. We'll then do a second session, 3pm to about 5pm, which will be a 13+ session. This is designed for the BritNerfers who attend, and to allow us to manage the attendance numbers better.

Doors will open for registration (and we'll have someone on the desk to handle signing in) at 12. With most †attendees now on the new signin form, this month, this should be a smoother process

Games will start at 12:30, so the sooner you arrive and gear up, the better. Kid friendly games, such as MeatGrinder, FreezeTag, HvZ, Bomb run, and Predator , and then, we'll be switching to more in-depth and grown up based team games until 5pm. For the 13+ games from 3pm onwards, the usual rules will still apply regarding under 18ís needing to have a responsible adult on site at all times to ensure there are no child protection issues. These game will finish around 5pm, giving us time to tidy up and leave by 5:30pm.

There will be a side room set aside for BritNerf members to store their equipment and do any maintenance work without interupting the briefings. We ask that the blaster you use during kids games has a 100 fps limit, and a 130 fps limit for 13+ games.

This month, we'll ensure the 'player of the month' award for the all age games actually get handed out! this is a prize awarded by the marshall to the player that they feel has embraced the Grim Up Nerf values the best. The first two months prizes for this award have kindly been donated by TanithLord.

Please remember, our loaner box has changed - we'll only be bringing front-loaders, such as the Strongarm or Hammershot, and some Rebelle blasters.

Date and Time
Saturday 12th November 12:00 - 17:00 †

The war will be located at the Church of the Latter-Day Saints chapel, at Priesthorpe Rd, Farsley, Pudsey, West Yorkshire, LS28 5JR.

Cost
Grim Up Nerf is free to attend, but all attendees are invited to contribute the princely sum of £1 towards darts, materials etc so that we can keep doing it!

Loaner Blasters
There will be a selection of front-loading springer blasters at the event. After signing in, you will be directed into the main hall where you will be helped to choose a suitable blaster.

Games
Game rules will be explained before each round.

Age Restrictions
To keep Grim Up Nerf an accessible to all community, we have a recommended minimum age for players of 8 years old. We have found that kids under this age can struggle to prime a blaster, don't fully understand our rules, and have a lower pain threshold. It is at a parents discretion if they want a 6 or 7 year old to play.
Allplayers under 16 years old need a parent to remain on the site throughout the event, and 16 to 18 year old need a permission form signed by their parents.

Safety and Behaviour
1 - We expect blasters to be in original or brightly coloured schemes, with an orange tip. I.e. nothing to alarm the locals or other building users. We wonít be slowing down to assess performance so if youíre primary is modded and there is any chance it might be judged as over powered make sure you have a backup on hand.
2 - We will be providing ALL Koosh/Elite darts to be used at the event. If your blaster requires a different dart type, such as discs, mega darts, or missiles, you are expected to provide these yourself. No FVJ's are allowed.
3 - Eye protection is required and some will be provided, glasses users do so at their own risk.
4 - Anyone under 18 requires parental permission, and under 16's require a chaperone. Consider it an excuse to get your dad or mum playing.
5 - Between games you are expected to help recover and reload darts. Weapons must be holstered, slung, or placed on tables in an unloaded state between games.
6 - If it's not your's, don't touch it without asking
7 - Any abusive, threatening or rascist behaviour won't be tolerated.
8 - By attending, we consider this acceptance of the above rules, and your acknowledgement that Nerfing is not without risk, and that you are playing under your own will, and will not hold anyone else liable for any injuries that occur.
9 - No smoking, drug taking, drinking, or swearing on the chapel premises.
10 - And above all else, it's only a game, have fun, and donít be a silly billy!‎

Last edited by blindgeekuk on Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:54 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mr.Crane

Fav. Blaster: Nemuhsis

Post Reply with quote
Sweet! Count me in

Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:15 am View user's profile Send private message
Franksie
Nerf Hippy

Fav. Blaster: Stryfe

Post Reply with quote
I'm so in
Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:57 am View user's profile Send private message
NorthernWarrior

Post Reply with quote
count me in for this month Very Happy
Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:01 pm View user's profile Send private message
blindgeekuk
Game Organiser

Post Reply with quote
The worrying thing is, if all last months players, plus the others who have said they might come turn up, we'll be around the 80 players mark

Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:19 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dustybin
Veteran Member

Fav. Blaster: The Pyragon

Post Reply with quote
I am coming. This war is on my birthday so I will drag some people along (just to be evil to you hosts). Yay.

Even I own 4 mega blasters. Just remember every time you rebarrel one a unicorn dies. Fact.
Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
LordSparrow

Fav. Blaster: HyperFire

Post Reply with quote
Yes please!!!!
Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:04 pm View user's profile Send private message
Dazzle740

Fav. Blaster: OOOOOOOHHHH Nemesis.........

Post Reply with quote
Myself and Ross (TBR) will be there as usual, but BGUK if your right and GuN has its record turn out for November then you may require to organise some deputies as the usual one person can't be everywhere with that many possible attendees.
Fri Oct 14, 2016 9:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
bigal123
Game Organiser

Fav. Blaster: Lawgiver

Post Reply with quote
I'll be there with the crew. We're staying over nearby on the Friday night so should be able to get there nice and early this time as we won't be driving down on the morning if you need a hand with anything, also don't mind helping out with a bit of marshland and my good lady friend says she would help if needed, she also has a bit of Foam Dart Thunder refereeing experience and her own whistle Very Happy Looking forward to it.

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MonkeytronCollective/

You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq99tKd1WytxaKFfoHerqsA
Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:29 am View user's profile Send private message
blindgeekuk
Game Organiser

Post Reply with quote
Cheers guys. We've got a couple of options that we need to run past the chapel that might help.

For the 13+ games, I want to revisit the Terminator game type, so mega blasters are worth bringing. I also want to run a single shots free for all round, so make sure you're loaded up for that!

Sat Oct 15, 2016 2:59 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Seiryuu
Nerf Addict

Fav. Blaster: Wildfire AS-20

Post Reply with quote
blindgeekuk wrote:
For the 13+ games, I want to revisit the Terminator game type, so mega blasters are worth bringing.

Excellent!
*rubs hands together evilly*
Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
blindgeekuk
Game Organiser

Post Reply with quote
BIG CHANGES!!!

We've got extra access to the venue this month, so we'll be there from 10am!

The plan is to run an all-age session from 10:30 until around 1pm, where the church members and local community play, which should have around 40 to 50 players based on the previous months.

And then, you lot get to go wild in the venue from 1pm to 4:30. We're doubling the length of the 13+ session, and with the number of you saying they are coming (e.g. sounds like the whole of the Harrogate crew are coming, BigAl and family are down....) then this should still be a busy, 30 to 40 player session!

Edit: To emphasise the point, we're not expecting BritNerfer's to turn up at 10am and play through both sessions... you're welcome to, though you'll spend more time helping out during the morning session than playing. We want to try and keep the morning session for the locals, and have a longer afternoon session for britnerfers

Last edited by blindgeekuk on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:40 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
NorthernWarrior

Post Reply with quote
ooooo...i can already feel the soles of my feet aching, this is going to be fun. Just kidding(i hope). Looking forward to this month as i will get to test what callum has nicknamed 'the ginger stryfe'. Still need to get the rewire done and barricades.
Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:11 am View user's profile Send private message
LordSparrow

Fav. Blaster: HyperFire

Post Reply with quote
Great! Means setting off at 8 am from preston though.
Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
blindgeekuk
Game Organiser

Post Reply with quote
I shall repeat myself...

The 10:30-1 session is designed for the church members/local community. BritNerfers are welcome to come to it, but I WILL abuse your presence and have you marshalling and dart sweeping...

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ROOSTER

Fav. Blaster: Rotofury

Post Reply with quote
Are you sure you want to trust me marshaling? Twisted Evil

EDIT

Please use full words and make an attempt at forming sentences when posting. If you're unsure, go review the Code of Conduct here. Thanks - Boff

Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:53 pm View user's profile Send private message
Franksie
Nerf Hippy

Fav. Blaster: Stryfe

Post Reply with quote
ROOSTER wrote:
Are you sure you want to trust me marshaling? Twisted Evil

Not shooting outside of games would be a nice start....
Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:14 pm View user's profile Send private message
bigal123
Game Organiser

Fav. Blaster: Lawgiver

Post Reply with quote
Sounds good. As I said we are staying local so could head over earlier if you want a hand with things. I can help marshal if you wish and let the kids play and then I'll join in the later games, don't mind, let us know Very Happy

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MonkeytronCollective/

You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq99tKd1WytxaKFfoHerqsA
Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:56 pm View user's profile Send private message
tbr
Veteran Member

Post Reply with quote
Well we have trouble getting there for 1pm, so I doubt we'll be available to lend a hand earlier.
Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:20 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
old_man_nerf
Game Organiser

Fav. Blaster: I wanna Nemesis!!

Post Reply with quote
I live about 5 miles from the venue and i'll not be able to make it before 1pm either - wouldn't worry, BGUK has had lots of offers of help.

We'll bring some game ideas and fresh legs to keep the pace high through out the rest of the day when the early starters are flagging  Very Happy

Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:26 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    BRIT NERF Forum Index » Nerf Wars All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: