BRIT NERF Forum Index
Join! (free) SearchFAQMemberlistUsergroupsLog in
Bristol Blast 7 - 18th March
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    BRIT NERF Forum Index » Nerf Wars View previous topic
View next topic
Bristol Blast 7 - 18th March
L11
Game Organiser

Fav. Blaster: Tri-Hellcat Rapidstrike

Post Bristol Blast 7 - 18th March  Reply with quote
The Bristol Blast 7 event is here and on a very good date indeed, it falls the same weekend as the BSUK Tech Day! If you are down for that make sure you come along to this war - Its going to be a good one!

Like previous events we will have a registration point where everyone must register upon arrival. Upon registration you will pay the entry fee, and you will be branded with coloured tape or a band to identify your team.

Anyone who hasn't registered and is onsite, please do not be offended if you are approached by one of us (Luke - L11, Kieren - NewportNerfer113, Dave - Davera, Pete - UK Foam or Jay - Overkhillman).

VENUE:
Church of JC of Latter Day Saints, Downend Road, Bristol BS16 5EF  - NOTE: This is the normal Chapel, not our new/second venue where Bristol Blast 6 is being held!

ENTRY FEE:
£5 or 100 KOOSH Darts (Per Person)

TIME & DATE:
Start Time: 12:30 to 17:00
Date: Saturday 18th March
Registration between 12:30 and 12:50
Safety briefing @ 12:50
Foam flinging commences @ 13:00
Break time @ 15:00

RULES:
130 fps cap on blasters
EYE PROTECTION MANDATORY
No smoking on site
No alcohol
No swearing
Minimum age is 8 years old
ALL UNDER 16's MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A RESPONSIBLE ADULT
By attending and signing in you agree to possibly being recorded during the event and any embarrassment captured and published is entirely your own fault.

Bristol Blast Facebook Page
Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Franksie
Nerf Hippy

Fav. Blaster: Stryfe

Post Reply with quote
Sorry guys it's half term that week
Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:37 am View user's profile Send private message
UK Foam

Fav. Blaster: Stryfe / Apollo

Post Reply with quote
Ofcourse I'm coming!

Half term is from the 13th of Feb to the 17th of Feb.
This event is the 18th of March with is term.

PS. I'm a teacher I should know. Wink

The Bristol Blast Facebook Page
Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Dazzle740

Fav. Blaster: OOOOOOOHHHH Nemesis.........

Post Reply with quote
Depends on the school, you may be a teacher but term times varies from school to school and the holiday length can also vary from school to school.
My eldest breaks up for Easter a week after my wife's eldest does!!!
Which is a right royal pain sometimes trying to organize holidays away.
Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Treezy
Veteran Member

Fav. Blaster: Doomlands Desolator

Post Reply with quote
Already have two friends and possibly some of their kids interested in this one. And obviously I'm super keen!

Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Franksie
Nerf Hippy

Post Reply with quote
UK Foam wrote:
Ofcourse I'm coming!

Half term is from the 13th of Feb to the 17th of Feb.
This event is the 18th of March with is term.

PS. I'm a teacher I should know. Wink

You do realise that not all schools are off at the same time across the country, right?

My kids half term starts on the 17th, which just confirms the most important thing a teacher can ever teach: it's what you learn after you think you know it all that really counts....
Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:12 pm View user's profile Send private message
UK Foam

Post Reply with quote
Sorry I did make a massive assumption that if you are coming you must be local and then must also have the same term timetable! OOPS!

EDIT

Mandatory warning about keeping things on topic... -Boff

Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:21 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bigal123
Game Organiser

Fav. Blaster: Lawgiver

Post Reply with quote
OK, so Uk Foam has been encouraging me over on YouTube to try and get to this and I'm now looking into it. I have a flight booked for the Saturday to come down for Blastersmiths tech day on Sunday but unfortunately I don't land till 4pm but I might be able to switch my flight to the Friday night and get there for BB on Saturday. I'll probably be staying at the airport would anyone be passing by on the way I could possibly catch a lift with and possibly back to the hotel again?

Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/MonkeytronCollective/

You Tube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCq99tKd1WytxaKFfoHerqsA
Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Boff
The Dealer

Fav. Blaster: (Modified) Stampede ECS

Post Reply with quote
Which hotel did you go with in the end? Airport or close to Tech Day site? If you're at the airport and you can get to the centre of the city using the regular buses on the Saturday, you'll be much more likely to be able to get a lift than if you were coming from the airport. It's 8 miles west of us and we're on the very western edge of the city here in Clifton. Bristol Airport really is shitly sited...

Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bigal123
Game Organiser

Post Reply with quote
Booked in at the airport just now for Saturday night but I can cancel it if I find something better suited. Yes looked at the airport express bus into the city centre so will be able to get there fairly easily.

Facebook

You Tube
Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
UK Foam

Post Reply with quote
I'm sure there are busses that run; however, as I have been badgering you, I'd be willing to come and pick you up (if you can find any other mode of transport).

But you'll have to come over earlier with the BB organisers to help set up =]

Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bigal123
Game Organiser

Post Reply with quote
EDIT.... "I don't mind helping set up,  I'm used to it Very Happy I'll look more into the logistics once I get the flights and accommodation re -organised but yes any lift would be much appreciated"

New flight and accommodation booked for Friday night so I'll be up for BB on the Saturday  Very Happy

Looking forward to it  Very Happy

Facebook

You Tube
Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
L11
Game Organiser

Post Reply with quote
It will be good having you!
Looking like it's going to be a good turn out

Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:06 pm View user's profile Send private message
Clockwork Wino

Post Reply with quote
Count me in. This'll be my first official Nerf war (family foam flinging fun doesn't count) so I'm looking forward to it. Whilst I've not been to one of these before, I'm happy to lend a hand setting up, breaking down or anything else in between so let me know if there's any way I can be of help.

I'm after a bit of advice from the BB veterans - alongside the blasters I'm itching to bring along, I have a Pyragon that I've yet to fire in anger. Does anyone use vortex at these events and is it worth bringing along? I figured the corridors might offer some ricochet action but I'm willing to take advice from the seasoned pros.
Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:48 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
L11
Game Organiser

Post Reply with quote
Clockwork wino - it will be great to have you there, we are a welcoming bunch of folk!

There has been allot of talk of using vortex at previous wars but I'm yet to see any used. We don't have any vortex ammo in the pool, I would suggest that if you bring any, mark them to identify they are yours and just give them a go!

Last edited by L11 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:18 pm View user's profile Send private message
Treezy
Veteran Member

Post Reply with quote
Clockwork wino: I have a Vigilon I'm tempted to use as a secondary, so you may not be the only one with discs.

Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
blindgeekuk
Game Organiser

Fav. Blaster: Demolisher

Post Reply with quote
I bought a load of the Chinese vortex discs for myself, with the intention of using them as a GuN vortex pool, but only 2 of us ever used vortex in a year of games.

Indoors, especially in your usual venues long corridors, vortex could be useful to get round shields, outside though, vortex will be trumped by darts or rivals every time.

Other issues are poor compatibility of the chinese discs, and the fact that getting a vortex disc to the neck or face hurts more than you expect.

Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:20 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zenif

Fav. Blaster: Cyclone shock

Post Reply with quote
Clockwork Wino wrote:
Does anyone use vortex at these events and is it worth bringing along? I figured the corridors might offer some ricochet action .

I have a Nitron and vigilon lying around, so I could bring them, only real question would be ricochets count! I can think of a few times this would have been useful!

Problem is these disks are quite slow in the air and not much use at the longer range they are capable of, if there is any wind.

Also the biggest vortex mags I have are ten rounders which will mean much reloading!

Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:02 am View user's profile Send private message
Clockwork Wino

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice folks.  Iíll drag along the Pyragon and a full 40 round mag in case thereís a suitable game where it can be used to defend  a corridor.

On another point, do people usually bring spare blasters to act as loaners? Iíve got a few front-loaders I donít mind loaning out but if everyone is usually well kitted out Iíll leave them behind.
Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:27 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Treezy
Veteran Member

Post Reply with quote
Clockwork Wino wrote:
On another point, do people usually bring spare blasters to act as loaners? Iíve got a few front-loaders I donít mind loaning out but if everyone is usually well kitted out Iíll leave them behind.

I can't speak for the actual organisers, but at the last event there seemed to be a huge table of loaner blasters for people to use.

I brought quite a few blasters with me last time (Stormtrooper Blaster, Stryfe, Modulus, Atlas, Vigilon, Hammershot, Triad, Roughcut) but I only really ended up carrying either the Modulus or Atlas as a primary in each round, with the Hammershot an unused secondary. I lent out the Atlas to a young kiddie for a round, but he couldn't even prime it! I won't be bringing quite as many next time, but I'll still have a selection....

I guess it doesn't really hurt to bring along a selection of stuff though, because it's nice to have a choice - plus you can show off your mods to impress people.

Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:24 pm View user's profile Send private message
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    BRIT NERF Forum Index » Nerf Wars All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: